Oak Hills, UT August 1958 J. R. Eyerman

Saturday, August 21, 2010

TAKE EIGHTEEN

My Empire Bachelor Party

On July 2, 1980, my best friend Blaine and his wife Cindy took me to see “The Empire Strikes Back” at the Center Theater on the corner of State and Third South in Salt Lake City. Watching "Empire" became my bachelor party since tomorrow was my wedding day.

While we waited in line, Blaine pointed out everyone leaving the earlier showing who were not smiling. This did not bode well. I had avoided reading any of the reviews. I was hoping for the best.

I am growing hair out of my ears like Yoda!
Look so good at 53, I do not!
The movie did not disappoint. Blaine and I wanted our own snow speeders. I just added it to my “Star Wars” want list with the Millennium Falcon and an X-Wing fighter. Overall it was a wild ride.

There was no cake, drinking or strippers. Instead I met Yoda, the Emperor and Tan-tans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment