Oak Hills, UT August 1958 J. R. Eyerman

Sunday, August 15, 2010

TAKE SIXTEEN

Airplane!


"Don't call me Shirley."
Joey gets told how things really are in the NBA.


I decided that I would take my new bride on our honeymoon to see the kind of movie I liked.  We took the bus that look like a trolley to Trolley Square to see “Airplane!”  I cried with laughter the entire movie.  Every sight gag, every quote of dialogue that has now passed into the rich collective of movie quotes all cracked me up.  One problem.

Ellen did not understand "Airplane!"  I never saw her laugh once.  She called the movie strange.  She simply missed the point.  After thirty years of marriage she knows when I stop channel surfing to watch a scene from "Airplane!" or "Hot Shots!" she just shakes her head and lets me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment